Harper May is currently working with one of the largest hotel groups in the UK and worldwide, operating in 100+ venues across the country. They are international pioneers in the world of hospitality and are growing their market share year on year, resulting in them requiring a financial controller to join the company who can help to facilitate and continue this growth. The multi-site nature of the business will mean that that the successful candidate will be extremely well organised and be able to work in a dynamic environment. ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualification is a necessity and industry experience would put you at a distinct advantage.
· Management Accounts production including full balance sheet disclosure and KPIs.
· Assist with audits, budgeting and forecasts
· Year-end audit folders including drafting of statutory accounts and liaison with Auditors.
· Cash flow management including weekly payment runs and bank reconciliations.
· Payroll processing, reconciliation and liaison with external Bureau.
· Reconcile all presales and verify that monies have been collected and recorded in the appropriate manner.
· Responsible for compliance with all current VAT legislation from a day-to-day paperwork perspective and submitting the VAT returns in a timely and accurate fashion.
· Due diligence and financial modelling ref acquisitions and disposals
· Ad-hoc analysis as and when the business dictates.
· Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
· Good communication skills both verbal and written
· Good planning and organisational skills
· Professional approach to work ethics
· Previous experience within Leisure / Hospitality / Hotel sector is a distinct advantage.