Harper May has been engaged by an internationally recognised Private Healthcare market leader to find a Financial Controller for one of their best performing London based hospitals. The hospital turns over roughly £30m a year and is a key asset in the group's portfolio. The role includes direct line management of a team of 8 as well as SMT responsibility.
The ideal candidate will be from a practice background with at least 5+ years in private healthcare. Prior healthcare experience is essential.
Duties and responsibilities
- Monitor financial performance to control costs and drive bottom-line results, implementing Spire-way of working through all financial processes
- Support the development of the annual business development plan, leading on the financial aspects
- Lead on preparation and communication of relevant financial reports for the hospital
- Monitor and review hospital wide KPI's, developing action plans in conjunction with other leadership team members to drive performance and realise future value
- Provide financial input into the development and launch of profitable new services to drive growth, embracing change in an ever shifting environment
Who we're looking for
- CIMA, ACA, ACCA qualified accountant, or by exception part qualified or qualified by experience
- Significant experience gained in a commercial and operationally focused finance role
- Outgoing personality, someone who can truly take the Hospital forward in growth and financial development
- Experience in a similar role within Health would be of interest but not essential but must have experience reporting Management Accounts across multiple Cost Centres