Harper May is currently working with a fast growing, up and coming events company based in Central London. With a turnover of £25 million this company focuses on conferences, B2B events, expos and is expanding exponentially. This client is looking for a dynamic candidate to join as Financial Controller and make this role their own. The candidate has to be extremely organised due to the demand of the events industry and the growth of this company. ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA qualified is desirable. The candidate being proficient in sage is also sought-after.
Job Title: Financial Controller
- Management Accounts production including full balance sheet disclosure and KPIs.
- Assist with continuous review and improvement of financial controls.
- Oversee preparation and interpretation of weekly statistics and recommend remedial action where necessary.
- Assist with Venue audits.
- Assist with Budgeting and forecasts.
- Year end audit folders including drafting of statutory accounts and liaison with Auditors.
- Supervise the purchase and sales ledger function.
- Cash flow management including weekly payment runs and bank reconciliations.
- Payroll processing, reconciliation and liaison with external Bureau.
- Maintenance of fixed asset register.
- Ensure all paperwork has been received as per the Weekly Venue Checklist. Where variations exist ensure these are investigated and followed up with the venue managers to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Supervise checking of venue paperwork and ensure takings are appropriately recorded on both EPOS and Venue takings sheet and then recorded on the accounting system.
- Ensure bankings declared are followed through and verified via bank statements (PDQ and Cash).
- Reconcile all presales and verify that monies have been collected and recorded in the appropriate manner.
- Responsible for compliance with all current VAT legislation from a day-to-day paperwork perspective and submitting the VAT return in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Due diligence and financial modelling ref acquisitions and disposals