Harper May is currently working with a dynamic multi-site business operating 30 venues across the UK. Their portfolio is diverse and includes such iconic and award winning live music venues in Newcastle, Manchester, York, and London. They also own a boutique hotel and have branched into food establishments with the opening of our first venture in Leeds earlier this year. They are growing rapidly and have ambitious plans to further expand our food offering whilst retaining our music content delivered roots. They are looking to bolster the existing finance team and are looking for the most enthusiastic, passionate, organised and hardworking 'Thinkers' & 'Doers' to help develop their careers in an entrepreneurial environment that offers full scope for input across the board.
Job Title: Financial Controller
Reports to: Finance Director
Direct Reports: Accounts Assistant x 3
Start Date: ASAP
Holiday entitlement: 25 days plus Bank Holidays (Must work around trading peaks)
Office Hours: 9am to 5:30pm (Mon to Fri)
- Management Accounts production including full balance sheet disclosure and KPIs.
- Assist with continuous review and improvement of financial controls.
- Oversee preparation and interpretation of weekly statistics and recommend remedial action where necessary.
- Assist with Venue audits.
- Assist with Budgeting and forecasts.
- Year end audit folders including drafting of statutory accounts and liaison with Auditors.
- Supervise the purchase and sales ledger function.
- Cash flow management including weekly payment runs and bank reconciliations.
- Payroll processing, reconciliation and liaison with external Bureau.
- Maintenance of fixed asset register.
- Ensure all paperwork has been received as per the Weekly Venue Checklist. Where variations exist ensure these are investigated and followed up with the venue managers to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Supervise checking of venue paperwork and ensure takings are appropriately recorded on both EPOS and Venue takings sheet and then recorded on the accounting system.
- Ensure bankings declared are followed through and verified via bank statements (PDQ and Cash).
- Reconcile all presales and verify that monies have been collected and recorded in the appropriate manner.
- Responsible for compliance with all current VAT legislation from a day-to-day paperwork perspective and submitting the VAT return in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Due diligence and financial modelling ref acquisitions and disposals
- Ad-hoc analysis as and when the business dictates.
- Team Player
- Reliable and responsible
- Sage 50 knowledge is desirable
- Retail/ multi-site background would be preferable
- Excellent double entry knowledge
- Inquisitive and commercially focused
- Methodical and organised
- Some supervisory experience would be advantageous
- Must have a minimum of three years management accounts experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Circa £45,000.00 - £55,000.00 /year
Management Accounts Production: 3 years