Harper May is currently working with a highly acquisitive media agency based in Central London. This exciting company is privately owned and currently has £60m of revenue. The company has gone from strength to strength since inception and has made 20 business acquisitions in the last 10 years. My client is currently seeking an ambitious Financial Controller with extensive experience in integrating acquisitions. With 3 offices around the globe and plans for large scale expansion, this is a fantastic time to join the company. The successful candidate will be fully qualified with experience at a mid-sized media agency.
- Main finance lead on integration of acquisitions
- Managing and developing the a large finance team
- This will include identifying cost-effective, efficient and suitable finance systems, data migration and implementation. Challenging current processes, identifying efficiencies and improving.
- Improving existing and creating new controls to mitigate risks. Producing clear documentation of both controls and processes.
- Review of payments and compliance with Company policies
- Commercial review, identification of cost savings & efficiencies
- Full ownership of all reporting and commercial commentary (P+L & balance sheet, forecasts, budgets, cash-flows, statutory accounts)
- Managing the annual audit, ensuring tax compliance (both UK and overseas)
- Possible M&A support - due diligence, finance & integration
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Extensive acquisition integration experience is essential
- Media experience is beneficial
- Excellent Excel and financial modeling skills are required
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment