Harper May are currently working with a leading provider of rehabilitation services nationwide. The company has recently be acquired by a private equity firm and the Finance Director is looking for a strong number two to support their growth plans. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Finance Manager to gain fantastic experience in a high-growth business environment, with strong analytical and reporting requirements.
Purpose of the Finance Manager role:
Responsible for the day to day running of the Finance function; managing the team, the production of all management accounts and reporting, revenue and cash management, Finance partnering and support to the Operating Board / Business Unit heads, and for the financial control environment and processes.
- Management of financial operations and bookkeeping including transactional finance and production of the Management Accounts to TB level.
- To produce/oversee the production of all supporting reconciliations, schedules and posting of associated journals (e.g. bank reconciliations, accruals, prepayments, accrued revenue, deferred revenue, depreciation etc.)
- Responsible for overseeing maintenance of the purchase and general ledgers including account maintenance, month and year end processes, running trial balances and the posting of journals
- Preparation and reconciliation of VAT returns
- Responsibility for payroll allocations, P11d's & PSA's.
- Implement administrative structure and maintain processes. Being the link between Finance and Operations
- Manage team of 4 direct reports.
- Provide support to the Finance Director as required.
- Bookkeeping and accounting experience including Management Accounts preparation.
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA accountant.
- Great attention to detail.
- Strong IT skills including advanced Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- High degree of flexibility and able to adapt quickly.
- Proactive and driven.
- Can do attitude and team player.
- Salary of £50,000 - £55,000, subject to experience
- Discretionary company bonus
- 33 days' holiday, including public holidays
- 6% employer pension contribution on successful completion of probation
- 20 days' company sick pay in any 12 month rolling period
- Health cash plan
- Employee assistance programme