My client is one of London's largest and most prestigious local government bodies that influence day to day life in the capital. They are a fast paced, dynamic organisation which deals with a variety of funds and ever increasing budgets. They are rapidly expanding and are looking for a finance manager for their city centre office
The duties of the role include.
- Seek new and innovative ways of working rapidly assess the implications of all emerging and potential issues facing new policies.
- Participate in and help lead the business and continuous improvement projects
- Undertake post-implementation reviews
- Undertake research and benchmarking nationally, across the public and private sector
- Liaise on a daily basis with members, senior officers and external partners
Applying candidates must have.
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Wide understanding of strategic financial planning and techniques
- Effective presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Prior knowledge of the issues facing local governments