Harper May is currently working with a FTSE listed beverages giant based in West London who are now looking for a Finance Manager to head up the company's Finance Team. Already a household name in the UK and across Europe, the company has a complex set up and so requires someone with prior experience within the FMCG/drinks industry.
- Responsible for analysis and review of the monthly management accounts with the preparation of full commentary to be discussed with the Finance Director.
- Regular meetings with each of the 'Heads of' to discuss variances, KPIs, trends and future risks & opportunities which may affect the forecast.
- Actively working with teams to help meet budgeted cost targets - using knowledge from across the business to advise on best practice / assist in implementing controls.
- Pro-active business partnering to assist in the preparation of business cases including revenue/cost forecasting; market trend analysis, modelling etc.
- Review of the variances produced at month end and development on the team.
- Assist the Finance Director in the production of the 5 year business plan.
- Manage ad-hoc projects including involvement in the production of reports to support CAPEX investment decisions as well as process improvement programs.
Key skills and experience:
- Fully qualified Accountant ACA/CIMA/ACCA
- Strong analytical skill set with an advanced understanding of Microsoft excel (experience in creating and manipulating models).
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven track record of successfully working with non-finance stakeholders.
- A value-adding member of their team with clear examples of helping the business save on cost / increase revenue.
- Proactive self-starter able to identify areas requiring improvement and propose & drive change to achieve results.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.