Harper May is currently working with one of the UK's largest alcoholic beverage wholesalers who are currently recruiting for a Finance Manager to be a pivotal contributor in driving the business forward. This role promises a challenging and rewarding career for a candidate that relishes the experience of working with one of the biggest in the industry right now. The right candidate will be positive and driven with the ability to motivate, but also have a calm and methodical approach to business problem solving.
The successful candidate will be able to balance a hands-on approach with strategic thinking and someone who thrives in a fast paced, challenging and demanding environment. The role covers front to back responsibility, from Ledger postings to being a key member of the Senior Management Team and reporting to the Board. The next 5 years are forecast to be a period of rapid growth for the group and the successful candidate will play a pivotal role in this growth.
The Finance Manager will report to our Managing Director and Finance Director. The successful candidate will also have responsibility for the management and development for a team of 6.
This is a full-time, permanent position. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
- Ownership and management of accounting books and records
- Managing the day to day running of the accounts department
- Producing the monthly beer duty return for HMRC
- Producing and submitting VAT returns
- Closing off period end ledgers
- Ensuring order to cash cycle flows smoothly, identifying and rectifying issues
- Ensuring purchase to pay cycle flows smoothly, identifying and rectifying issues
Key month end duties include: processing payroll; calculating and posting stock adjustments; monitoring and posting prepayments, accruals and adjustments; depreciating fixed assets; and analysing all significant variances to forecast and prior month/year comparatives
Reporting & Forecasting
- Producing monthly management accounts, variance analysis and commentaries
- Production of cash flow forecasting, weekly cash monitoring and reporting
- Producing and analysing weekly reporting
- Production of Financial Board papers
- Forecasting and re-forecasting as required
- Producing year end accounts ahead of audit, Co-ordinating the year-end audit; preparing all files and assisting auditors where necessary
- Review work performed by direct report and provide regular feedback and training
- Management of team of 6
- Evaluation of investments, Net Present Value (NPV) calculations and ROI
- Identifying and minimising risks, particularly financial risks
- Ensuring compliance with statutory laws
- Qualified/ Finalist accountant (ACCA, ACA or CIMA)