Harper May is currently working with one of the UK's best known drinks suppliers who now seek a talented and dynamic Finance Manager. The company boasts an impressive roster of current clients across both on and off trade as well as supplying some of the UK's largest supermarkets. The ideal candidate MUST have experience in dealing with alcohol duty and HMRC as well as extensive team leadership in prior roles.
· Assist the Financial Controller in creating documented processes, policies and controls that ensure robust management of financials.
· Liaising with rest of the Finance team to ensure the effective and timely delivery of management accounts for main trading entity, reporting on performance and onwardsubmission of the pack to the bank.
· Design and implement management reporting packs for subsidiary companies.
· Overseeing the completion of bank and credit card sales reconciliations for all accounts are performed on a monthly basis.
· Balance sheet and intercompany reconciliations are performed on a quarterly basis as part of the management accounts production process for Group companies.
· Assist with driving a robust budgeting process for the main trading entity.
· Ensure accurate and timely close of year end, producing year end audit files and working closely with the Financial Controller to ensure that the audit process is efficientlymanaged with accounts filed on time without qualification.
Management, development and training of finance staff
· Responsible for management of six members of finance staff.
· Provide support and development to team members within their areas of responsibility.
· Conduct appraisals for direct reports, including drafting training plans.
· Ensure that supplier retro rebates are calculated and reconciled accurately and invoices raised on a timely basis.
External reporting and HMRC submissions for Group companies
· Create good working relationships with other department heads to ensure reporting needs are met.
· Ensure that duty deferment calculations are performed and submitted monthly.
· Ensure other HMRC submissions and statistical/ONS submissions are made on time.
· Assist with production of quarterly VAT returns for Group companies, checking and submission to HMRC.
· Arrival and departure Intrastats