Harper May is exclusively working with one of the leading gym chains in the world. With over 4,000 locations in 22 countries, this company is looking for a financial manager to join their UK team. Our client boasts itself on creating a supportive community and is looking to expand by 200 sites within the next year. With a turnover of £1 billion in 2017, this company is looking for a dynamic and experienced individual to join their team and grow with the company. The successful candidate will have previous multi-site experience and be commercially astute. ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualification is desirable but not essential if the candidate has displayed excellent industry experience.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts (to include P&L, Balance Sheet, Creditors and Debtors), with commentary on key performance variances.
- Communicate financial results to the Directors and External Partners
- Monthly reporting of the sales ledger position and purchase ledger.
- Liaise with the outsourced services such as, payroll, Auditors and Advisors
- Ensure that key financial controls and procedures operate effectively, particularly in relation to sales, purchasing, food and beverage, stock, cash and capital expenditure
- Preparation of daily reporting requirements as needed
- Monitor compliance to accounting procedures
- Financial planning and analysis
- Support the management team in producing and communicating the company's annual budget
- Support the Directors and the management team in any commercial initiatives; such as customer and product profitability
- Weekly reconciliation of the bank account and cash
- Statutory - Preparation of quarterly VAT return
- Providing analysis and information for completion of Corporation Tax return
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Professional approach to work ethics
- Previous experience within Leisure / Hospitality / Hotel sector is a distinct advantage.
- Multi-site experience