Harper May has been engaged by one of London's most exciting new restaurant brands to find them a dynamic and engaging Finance Manager. The group currently has 3 sites across the capital and s looking to expand in the next year. With a highly regarded backroom team and substantial financial backing this is set to happen in the next 6 months hence the desire to get someone in the role before then to grow with the business. Restaurant/Start up experience is absolutely necessary and must also be fully qualified.
Key Responsibilities …
- Preparation of monthly management accounts (to include P&L, Balance Sheet, Creditors and Debtors), with commentary on key performance variances.
- Communicate financial results to the Directors and External Partners
- Monthly reporting of the sales ledger position and purchase ledger.
- Liaise with the outsourced services such as, payroll, Auditors and Advisors
- Ensure that key financial controls and procedures operate effectively, particularly in relation to sales, purchasing, food and beverage, stock, cash and capital expenditure
- Preparation of daily reporting requirements as needed
- Update accounting controls and procedures for any changes in business practices
- Monitor compliance to accounting procedures
- Financial planning and analysis
- Support the management team in producing and communicating the company's annual budget
- Support the Directors and the management team in any commercial initiatives; such as customer and product profitability
- Respond to ad hoc information requests from the Board or External Partners on a timely basis
- Oversee our 3rd Party provider on Treasury and cash management
- Responsible for managing the company's cash cycle - sales invoicing, prompt collection of receivables, action on overdue debts, purchase authorisation and payment of suppliers via the weekly and monthly pay cycles.
- Weekly reconciliation of the bank account and cash
- Statutory - Preparation of quarterly VAT return
- Preparation of year-end audit file and liaison with company's auditors
- Providing analysis and information for completion of Corporation Tax return
Key knowledge, skills, experience and attributes:
- Ideally hold a ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualification Ability to manage own time efficiently and effectively
- Commercially astute
- Good communicator, especially with people from non-financial backgrounds
- Willing to work on a "hands on" basis and contribute positively in a small company environment
- Excellent PC skills
- Must have the right to work and live in the UK