Harper May has been instructed to find a Finance Manager for one of the UK's most recognisable drink's brand. A clear market leader in their sector, the group has seen consistent growth since it first hit the nation's shelves 40 years ago. Recent innovations as well as mergers and acquisitions over the past decade have built the company into a true giant of the sector. The ideal candidate will be fully QUALIFIED (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) and should also have extensive FMCG/Wholesale/Drinks experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting, forecasting and controls
- Assist the Financial Controller in creating documented processes, policies and controls that ensure robust management of financials
- Liaising with rest of the Finance team to ensure the effective and timely delivery of management accounts for main trading entity, reporting on performance and onward submission of the pack to the bank
- Design and implement management reporting packs for subsidiary companies
- Overseeing the completion of bank and credit card sales reconciliations for all accounts are performed on a monthly basis
- Balance sheet and intercompany reconciliations are performed on a quarterly basis as part of the management accounts production process for Group companies
- Assist with driving a robust budgeting process for the main trading entity
- Ensure accurate and timely close of year end, producing year end audit files and working closely with the Financial Controller to ensure that the audit process is efficiently managed with accounts filed on time without qualification
Management, development and training of finance staff
- Responsible for management of six members of finance staff.
- Provide support and development to team members within their areas of responsibility.
- Conduct appraisals for direct reports, including drafting training plans.
Key skills and knowledge
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA or CIMA)
- Previous experience of working as part of team in a busy finance office
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment whist remaining professional at all times
- Strong communicator
- Demonstrate a tenacious, pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Experience of setting up procedures and policies and documenting them
- Confident challenging existing processes and proposing effective solutions
- Possess commercial and business acumen
- Demonstrate a proactive and 'can do attitude'
- Planning and organising own work load and posses the ability to multi-task
- Excellent time management skills including working to deadlines whilst remaining clam under pressure
- Accurate and detail conscious
- Excellent IT skills including Excel and Microsoft packages