Finance Director - Hotels Group
Harper May is currently working with a rapidly growing Hotel Group. The company, based in North West London, are seeking an established Finance Director to lead their team. My client currently has 6 sites in the UK and is looking to open 5 more sites next year to expand on their turnover. The Finance Director will have a position of extensive responsibility, offering guidance and overseeing the day-to-day running of the finance function. The successful candidate will be fully qualified and must have previous experience within the Hotels industry.
Key responsibilities for the Finance Director:
- Drive the financial planning of the company by analysing its performance and risks
- Monitor and direct strategic business plans providing improved reporting to the Financial/Operational side of the business and to the Board.
- Retain constant awareness of the company's financial position and act to prevent any problems
- Manage debt, covenants and support involving the banking relationships
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the group wide budget and financial & cashflow forecasts and report variances
- Develop financial and tax strategies, maximizing returns
- Set up and oversee the company's finance IT system
- Lead and develop finance teams. Set targets for and supervise all accounting and finance Department (management accountants, internal auditors etc.).
- Oversee all Financial audits and internal control operations
- Oversee all transactions and processing systems ensuring legal compliance.
- Implement operational finance best practices/SOPs with a continual improvement.
- For all new properties, create a 3 to 5-year financial forecasts, cashflow monitoring & management, including construction spend - support the construction tendering process
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BA Qualified member of an accountancy body e.g. Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA with a 5 to 10-year PQE
- Proven work experience as a Head of Finance, Director of Finance or similar role
- Hotel / Hospitality background essential
- Proven track record in leading and managing high growth and expansion
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- Leadership abilities
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- High energy and can work autonomously
Lastly if you are looking for a Finance Director role within Hotels this is a fantastic role for you.