Finance Director - FinTech Company
Harper May is currently working with a global alternative asset manager with over $600 billion in assets under management who are looking for a Finance Director. They have over a 120-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable power, infrastructure and private equity. They are a global organization with over 100,000 employees and operations in 30 countries in 5 continents.
The Finance Director will be a key member of the Infrastructure European Portfolio Management team, reporting directly to the Vice President, Portfolio Management (Regional CFO). The objective of the team is to partner effectively with our European operating businesses and internal stakeholders to drive performance, generate value, and act as a trusted resource on financial matters. The incumbent is accountable for supporting the Regional CFO in continuing to build a 'best in class' finance function and handling all finance/accounting matters pertaining to the operating platform.
Key Finance Director Responsibilities for the Finance Director
- As Finance Director you will provide timely, high-quality FP&A (results and liquidity forecasting, growth capital and backlog analysis, KPI analysis, etc) to enable sound decision making
- Direct involvement in annual business planning and valuation processes for the European platform, including review and data manipulation of complex financial models
- Preparation and presentation of quarterly results presentation for the senior management
- Oversight and sign-off of quarterly/annual financial reporting (IFRS and private funds) submissions by operating assets, and preparation of opening balance sheets using purchase price accounting
- Develop a thorough understanding of operating businesses in order to explain performance and strategic issues in a clear, concise manner
- Onboarding and integration of new assets into the finance and accounting processes
- Frequent communication with the finance teams of operating businesses and of the Infrastructure division
- Identification of ways to improve and streamline processes in the context of a growing operating platform
- Strategic ad-hoc analysis and special projects as requiredreparing board reports and presenting to external stakeholders
Desired Finance Director Requirements
- Been a previous Finance Director
- ACA qualification with Big 4 experience and at least 5 years of progressive work experience; non-audit (i.e. advisory) experience ideal but not required;
- Demonstrated leadership ability and initiative;
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with respect to both managing workload and professional development;
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) and interpersonal skills, including comfort interacting with senior executives;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability; willingness to "dive into the details";
- Ability to work in a dynamic, complex, fast-paced environment, to adapt quickly and to manage changing priorities;
- Strong Excel skills, including the ability to review and occasionally update financial models
Lastly, if you are looking for a Finance Director role within FinTech this is a fantastic role for you.