A fantastic opportunity has come up for a Finance Director to join one of London's oldest most prestigious Hotel chains. The company is well known and looking for a key member to join their finance team in their headquarters in Central London. The successful candidate should be Qualified and have experience within the same field.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- The Director of Finance functions as the property's strategic financial business leader, and champions, develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver the products and services required by all stakeholders.
- Supports the General Manager and hotel financial goals by direct preparation of monthly and annual reports, summarizes and forecasts hotel's revenues, expenses, and earning based on past, present and expected operations.
- Develops best practice financial accounting and control procedures and continually reviews the process and procedures to maximise impact and efficiency.
- Assists Heads of the Department to improve their financial awareness and provides them with relevant financial information for their operations.
- Provides strong financial expertise and business acumen to maximise return on investment.
- Creates and executes a business plan that is aligned with the property and Belmond's business strategy.
- Provides effective leadership of the Finance team in relation to goal setting, development and direction of activities.
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant degree, in Finance or related business discipline, from an academic institution
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Pre-opening experience (desirable)
- Knowledge of the local market (desirable)
- Knowledge of the hotel industry (desirable)
- Commitment to accuracy and detail
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Effective management skills (upwards and downwards) and the willingness to coach and train others
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills