Harper May is currently working with one of the UK's fastest growing hospitality businesses. The company are seeking an experienced Finance Director to lead their team and continue their international expansion. The company develop and manage assets across Europe and are known for their luxury hotels and Michelin starred restaurant. My client has experienced exponential growth in the last 2 years and is looking to IPO in the near future. This role will hold a position of serious authority and will manage a team of 15 in their North London office. The successful candidate will be fully qualified with extensive hospitality and international experience.
- Direct management the finance team and liaison with senior leaders to ensure the highest standards are upheld
- Oversight of an extensive team ensuring that they are appropriately motivated and developed and so that they carry out their responsibilities to the required standard.
- Contribute to the achievement of the company's business objectives by providing advice and guidance on financial strategy.
- Develop and control the company's annual operating budget to ensure that all financial targets are met and financial and statutory regulations complied with.
- Create and implement first class controls and processes to ensure optimum performance and consistent delivery
- Oversee the preparation of the company's financial accounts to ensure that these are presented accurately and on time, showing projected revenues, costs, funding requirements and operational targets.
- Develop and implement an internal audit programme to ensure that the company complies with financial procedures and regulations.
- Develop and maintain all necessary systems, policies and procedures to ensure effective and efficient financial management within the company.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must be fully qualified
- Must have extensive hospitality experience
- Prior experience in managing a large team is highly beneficial
- Highly motivated and pro-active self starter
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Previous experience of managing and developing staff