Harper May is currently working with a dynamic multi-site health and fitness group, operating 45+ venues across the UK. They are international market leaders who are constantly growing their market share and are looking for a financial controller to join their dynamic and vibrant team, with the intention to really making an impact on the business. The multi-site nature of the business would require the successful candidate to be extremely well organised. ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualification is desirable but not essential if the candidate has displayed excellent industry experience.
· Management Accounts production including full balance sheet disclosure and KPIs.
· Assist with continuous review and improvement of financial controls.
· Oversee preparation and interpretation of weekly statistics and recommend remedial action where necessary.
· Assist with Venue audits.
· Assist with Budgeting and forecasts.
· Year-end audit folders including drafting of statutory accounts and liaison with Auditors.
· Supervise the purchase and sales ledger function.
· Cash flow management including weekly payment runs and bank reconciliations.
· Payroll processing, reconciliation and liaison with external Bureau.
· Maintenance of fixed asset register.
· Ensure all paperwork has been received as per the Weekly Venue Checklist. Where variations exist ensure these are investigated and followed up with the venue managers to a satisfactory conclusion.
· Supervise checking of venue paperwork and ensure takings are appropriately recorded on both EPOS and Venue takings sheet and then recorded on the accounting system.
· Ensure bankings declared are followed through and verified via bank statements (PDQ and Cash).
· Reconcile all presales and verify that monies have been collected and recorded in the appropriate manner.
· Responsible for compliance with all current VAT legislation from a day-to-day paperwork perspective and submitting the VAT return in a timely and accurate fashion.
· Due diligence and financial modelling ref acquisitions and disposals
· Ad-hoc analysis as and when the business dictates.
· Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
· Advanced Excel skills
· Good communication skills both verbal and written
· Good planning and organisational skills
· Professional approach to work ethics
· Previous experience within Leisure / Hospitality / Hotel sector is a distinct advantage.