Harper May are working with a well established growing care home provider looking for a Senior Finance Business Partner to work with the Finance Director to provide management and reporting to lead the finance business partnering team through an exciting time of transformation.
- Manage the monthly management accounts process helping to deliver and develop meaningful reports for the business.
- Manage, together with the FD, the annual budget process and the production of quarterly forecasts
- Lead and develop the Finance Business Partnering Team (currently 6 staff)
- Work closely with the FD to ensure the integrity of the financial ledgers and accuracy of the supporting data through implemented control measures on key aspects of the ledgers to include: bank, fixed assets, intercompany, accruals and pre-payments.
- Reinforce controls, processes and training especially concerning expenditure
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with the Home Managers and other Department Heads to discuss financial performance and provide financial support for decision making.
- Develop an understanding of working practices within the care homes and other operating units in order to provide appropriate support and improve effectiveness as appropriate.
- Work with the Finance Director to develop financial models to support strategic decision making.
- Ensure the Company is compliant with VAT - produce VAT, Tax and other statistical returns and keep company records up to date for completion of annual returns for Companies House.
- Audits and statutory accounts - develop and conduct programmes of internal audits/checks.
- Manage the Statutory Audit process ensuring that all enquiries and information requests are dealt with in a timely fashion by the team.
- You will be ACCA/CIMA or ACA Qualified
- Ability to organise, prioritise and maintain workloads whilst paying attention to detail.
- Advanced IT skills - Excel (advanced), Enterprise-level accounting software. SAP, Cloud Financials would be desirable
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working at a senior level.
- Proven track record as Finance Business Partner ideally from the service sector or similar.