Harper May is working exclusively with a FTSE250 restaurant conglomerate that is looking for recently qualified finance analyst to join their experienced team. Not only will the successful candidate gain invaluable commercial experience from being within this company but will have a lot of exposure to business partnering and other parts of more senior roles. Our client is looking for a dynamic and forward thinking individual to become part of their extensive finance team. The successful candidate will be ACA qualified recently out of practice.
· Collate and distribute monthly financial reports to Ops Board, Main Board and GMs.
· Prepare monthly consolidated and executive financial package for the Ops Board and Main Board
· Produce weekly Group Aged Debtors report
· Prepare monthly profit and cost efficiencies ratios
· Prepare monthly/quarterly covenant reports
· Produce quarterly forecasted, P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and Funds Flow statement using Sage Winforecast
· Develop, maintain and distribute as-hoc reports and financial models as needed
· Analyse profit and cost efficiencies ratios and high light areas of deficiencies
· Analyse financial data by collecting, monitoring and creating financial models for decision support
· Take ownership and manage Head Office P&L and Balance Sheet
· Coordinate daily cash flow preparation
· Coordinate annual financial information binder to be provided to the external auditors, for monthly reviews
· Coordinate and manage annual audit process
· Evaluate, review and improve budget template
· Coordinate and manage budget and reforecast process
· Provide training to budget holders so that they understand key financial concepts
· Assist budget holders with preparation of budget templates
· Champion Fourth Payroll system to Super User Level 2.
· Become the internal liaison for all Fourth installation and technical matters
· Manage and process Head Office Payroll
· Manage auto enrolment and Standard Life pension platform
· Conduct evaluations of all financial reporting production processes and recommend interface solutions and efficient methods of producing them
· Champion and update as required Jedi Platform for the finance function
· Evaluate manual and automated financial accounting work processes, systems, and procedures for efficiency of workflow and conformance to accounting principles and standards, organizational structure, policies and procedures, and technology
· Identify process improvements and analyse system design alternatives for new financial accounting systems and improvements to existing systems.
· Obtain input and feedback on system needs from appropriate parties
· Interact with systems providers to resolve issues and problems related to platforms and data processing
· Conduct evaluations of system performance and make recommendations.
· Review and evaluates proposals for new departmental systems involving financial accounting methods, policies, and procedures, and recommend needed improvement
· Evaluates internal controls and security of new and existing automated accounting applications to ensure adherence to accounting standards
· Monitor the procurement, development, and implementation of systems to ensure proper integration for maximum efficiency
Qualification and Key Requirements
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics required
· Minimum of 3 years' experience in reporting, consolidation and financial analysis.
· Accounting/GAAP knowledge
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required; familiarity with data query/data management tools extremely helpful (Access, SQL, Business Objects)
· Excellent Communication skills
· Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects as well as strong follow through skills
· Ability to complete projects timely
· Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
· Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
· Organisation / Planning skills and ability to prioritise appropriately
· Rigorous commitment to accuracy and detail
· Analytical approach and creativity in problem resolution
· Technical accounting knowledge