Excellent package on offer
My Client is an Investment House based in the City of London, They have seen tremendous growth and are looking for several analysts to come in and join their expanding investment research team.
Duties and Responsibilities
Analyze Security Performance and Pricing
The primary duty of the equity analyst is gathering and assessing data related to securities including stocks, bonds, and exchange-traded funds. The equity analyst uses a variety of data-gathering and analysis tools and techniques ranging from analyzing financial reports and statements to examining the market performance of similar companies to gather a complete picture of stock and bond performance and investment opportunities.
Develop Forecasts and Projections
Equity analysts also develop financial projections and forecasts that are used by investment advisors and brokers. In this aspect of the role, the equity analyst uses many data-modeling programs and methodologies, combined with performance and financial data they have gathered and analyzed, to provide investment advisors with all of the information they need to make financially sound decisions regarding stocks and bonds.
Provide Investment Advice
Another major responsibility of the equity analyst is providing direct advice on securities to buy, sell, and hold. This aspect of the role is highly collaborative, requiring the analyst to develop and deliver reports to sales, trading, and investment teams to aid in decision-making and ensure profitability through intelligent, well-researched investments and strategies. Equity analysts may also provide models and reports at the investment committee's request.
Monitor Industry Trends and News
In this role, equity analysts need to stay on top of industry trends and news related to stocks and bonds that they are examining. Because markets can shift rapidly based on news and reports, the equity analyst needs to ensure that the data they provide to investment professionals is constantly up to date and reflects both large-scale and smaller changes in the market from day to day, since these can have a big impact on valuation and performance.
Prepare Internal and External Reports
Throughout the analysis and valuation process, equity analysts also prepare a number of reports for both internal use and public presentation. For equity analysts working with valuation of stocks leading up to an IPO, this can include developing a prospectus and issuing data to the media prior to the IPO. Internal reports include detailed financial data and analysis based on cash flow reports, industry analysis, and risk factors.
- Research into target companies
- To make investment recommendations for inclusion into portfolio
- To maintain active and constructive engagement with the senior managers of investee companies
- To monitor own recommendations and other portfolio holdings with a view to validating and contesting investment case
- A strong track record of experience from within both the buy-side and sell-side Equity Research, investment banking or strategy consulting
- Equity research experience of research across a wide in a range of industries, sectors and companies, or equivalent similar experience
- Significant experience in building valuation case for investment using a variety of methods.
- An investment philosophy that is aligned with the existing team and products - Research driven, bottom up, long term and valuation driven
- The ideal Candidate will be top 5 UK University educated with a degree in Finance or economics
- Experience working for an investment bank or Fund is essential