Harper May are currently working with a leading healthcare services business based in central London who are looking for a Commercial Finance Manager to provide commercial and strategically focussed business, finance and analyst support to the Managing Director and supporting functions, allowing them to deliver their budget and longer term business plan including growth.
- To act as the business partner for division ensuring that the Managing Director has all the information and financial tools required to deliver their budget and longer term business plan.
- Provide system focussed approach solutions for production of reports and budgets.
- To take the lead in providing a consistent and uniform approach to systems and reporting within the commercial finance team.
- To be responsible for producing a budget for the business.
- To provide guidance for hospital and residential managers and Regional Operations Directors enabling them to understand and track financial data against KPI's.
- To contribute to the weekly, monthly & quarterly reforecasting process ensuring that both historical and new information is used in a meaningful way to give an accurate position of the business.
- To perform a thorough monthly review to better understand any financial issues at a site level and to work with the Operational team to ensure that any issues are eliminated in a timely manner.
- To provide analysis on the key drivers of the division's performance, particularly revenue, occupancy and salaries.
- To assist the Head of Commercial Finance, Finance Director and CFO with ad hoc projects as necessary.
- Financial modelling for ad-hoc projects such as acquisitions and the other business development plans will be required.
- A qualified accountant with a strong commercial background (ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
- Interested in the bigger picture, whilst able to produce financial information accurately and on time.
- Able to make complex things simple.
- Ability to communicate with both finance and non-financial individuals alike.
- Motivated to progress within the finance function of a growing business.
- Able to manage a variety of stakeholders under tight deadlines.
- Ability to identify issues and use initiative to solve problems.
- Strong organisational skills with ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Team player with willingness to help others and go above and beyond their formal role.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good system skills including intermediate excel.