Harper May is currently working with an iconic British retailer based in Central London who now seek a dynamic and experienced Commercial Finance Manager to join the business. The brand has cemented itself as a British classic over the last 50 years focusing predominately on smart and casual menswear. With a reported annual t/o of c£60m the company is set to grow this year and has ambitious plans for international expansion. The ideal candidate will be fully qualified and must come from a commercial finance department of a large retailer.
- You will prepare the Annual Budget and 5 Year Plan, combining both a top down target-driven approach with a full bottom up, stakeholder engaged budgeting model. Given the rapid expansion of the business internationally, this can be quite dynamic
- You will co-ordinate and take responsibility for the in-year forecasting "BTA" process, involving all key business stakeholders
- You will run Capex appraisals and scenario modelling, both pre and post investment - new stores, instore investments, travel retail etc
- Responsible for analysis and modelling for all new business initiatives
- Team is accountable for weekly sales & margin reporting, plus regular board profit and cash reporting and analysis
- Leading and developing the UK Management Accountant and the Finance Assistant
- Managing and reviewing the accuracy and timeliness of the UK Management accounts (completed by the team)
Additional ad hoc duties: As with all roles, you may at times be required to carry out additional ad hoc duties. This may include supporting another store or team member, or project work which impacts on the store or the wider business.
Given the nature of the business and the speed with which we are expanding, you are expected to be quite hands on with the team to get things done.
What qualities will you bring?
- Strong Retail experience is essential
- CIMA qualification preferred
- A proactive attitude and a sense of personal accountability is vital - you need to 'lean in' and take the lead
- A demonstrable experience of embracing change and introducing efficiencies. The business is moving fast and you will need to continuously adapt to be successful
- You will need to have credibility with senior management; we are a relatively small finance team and as a senior manager you will on occasions represent finance