Harper May is currently working with a FTSE listed beverages giant based in Central London who are now looking for a Commercial Finance Manager to head up the company's Commercial Finance Team. Already a household name in the UK and across Europe, the company has a complex set up and so requires someone with prior experience within the FMCG/drinks industry. A practice background is preferred but not necessarily essential. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of 5 and so must be used to managing as well. This is a once in a blue moon opportunity for a career with one of the UK's best known brands, see below for job details:
The Commercial Finance Manager position will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for analysis and review of the monthly management accounts with the preparation of full commentary to be discussed with the Finance Director.
- Regular meetings with each of the 'Heads of' to discuss variances, KPIs, trends and future risks & opportunities which may affect the forecast.
- Actively working with teams to help meet budgeted cost targets - using knowledge from across the business to advise on best practice / assist in implementing controls.
- Pro-active business partnering to assist in the preparation of business cases including revenue/cost forecasting; market trend analysis, modelling etc.
- Direct management of 3 part qualified Management Accountants and two qualified Finance Business Partner.
- Review of the variances produced at month end and development on the team.
- Assist the Finance Director in the production of the 5 year business plan.
- Manage ad-hoc projects including involvement in the production of reports to support CAPEX investment decisions as well as process improvement programs.
The ideal candidate for the Commercial Finance Manager role would have the following profile:
- Fully qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equiv.) NOTE: CFA will be considered also.
- Minimum 3-5 years post-qualified experience as a Finance Business Partner OR within a FMCG/Drinks environment
- Strong analytical skill set with an advanced understanding of Microsoft excel (experience in creating and manipulating models).
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven track record of successfully working with non-finance stakeholders.
- A value-adding member of their team with clear examples of helping the business save on cost / increase revenue.
- Proactive self-starter able to identify areas requiring improvement and propose & drive change to achieve results.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Big 4 practice ACA or reputable CIMA/ACCA training contract.
- Experience in management staff.
- Familiarity with analysing and advising on stock/inventory strategy.
- Prior-experience within a business that has has multiple site P&Ls and a complex product mix offering.
The Commercial Finance Manager would be eligible to receive the following:
- A competitive salary with a strong package including pension scheme, discretionary bonus, private health care and life insurance).
- 25 days holiday (on top of bank holidays).
- 25% staff discount on all products.
- Ability to try new products not yet on general release.
- A clear path for career progression.