Overall objective of role
Harper May are working with a leading Drinks/FMCG company who are seeking a Commercial Finance Analyst. The role will will provide financial insight and timely reporting that will drive enhanced decision making. You will be a very strong and visible member of the Buying, Supply Chain and Finance teams.
Due to business requirements, it is expected the role holder to have a high degree of flexibility in order to meet the demands of the role. The role holder must be able to adjust to a broad and fluid set of tasks as requirements change in this progressive company.
Working relationships outside of Finance
- Directors and other Departmental Heads
- Operational teams across the organisation
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that supplier and customer retro rebates are calculated, reconciled to the ERP system on a monthly basis and invoices raised on a timely basis.
External reporting and HMRC
- Ensure that duty calculations are performed and submitted monthly.
Data, controls and management
- Work closely with the Supply Chain and Product Coordinator in ensuring you understand how we manage selling pricing, supplier pricing and retrospective rebates and ensure that processes are documented and adhered to
- Manage the Product Coordinator in ensuring that selling prices, supplier pricing and retrospective rebates are accurately loaded to the ERP system
- Ensure that pricing for customers is updated taking account of all costs and rebates from the ERP and approved
- Manage and supervise data cleansing processes
Ownership of reporting
- Accurate production and reporting of sales from each revenue stream
- Accurate producing and reporting of profitability for each revenue stream
- Producing volume reports for onward submission to suppliers
- Checking the Trade List including checking gross margin at point of increase
- Raise and report any risks or concerns while performing analysis
- Provide accurate sales and margin data to Senior Management Team in calculation of commission
- Ensure timely reporting and analysis of any adhoc data request
Key skills and knowledge
- Excellent IT skills including Excel
- Accurate and detail conscious
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment whist remaining professional at all times
- Strong communicator and be able to deal with senior management
- Demonstrate a tenacious, pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Experience of setting up procedures and policies and documenting them
- Confident challenging existing processes and proposing effective solutions
- Possess commercial and business acumen
- Demonstrate a proactive and 'can do attitude'
- Planning and organising own work load and posses the ability to multi-task