Harper May is seeking a commercially focused Client Service Manager for a rapidly growing practice in South West London. The ideal Candidate will have experience in a practice (Big Four or Smaller) and comfortable doing the day to day accounting work while also engaging with clients, building relationships etc.
- Preparation of statutory accounts under FRS102 and FRS105, including all required preparatory work
- Preparation of Corporation Tax Returns
- Organization and preparation of the income and expenditure accounts for sole traders and partnerships
- Completion of self-assessment tax returns
- Experience with producing management accounts would be an advantage
- Managing deadlines and client expectations
- Delegating to and training of junior team members
- Reviewing work completed by more junior colleagues of the team, including bookkeeping and VAT Returns
- Helping to enhance systems and processes for internal use
- Working from clients offices may be required, as well as head office and attending client meetings.
- Communicate with Clients on a regular basis and respond to specific queries and requests.
- Identifies when account management issues should be escalated internally for oversight and response.
- Contribute to weekly / monthly & quarterly meetings with key stakeholders & client leadership as
- You will have 3-5 years PQE proven technical experience in a practice environment
- The successful Candidate will be able to use IRIS for accounts production and corporate and personal tax
- Preferable alternative accounts software experience would be Xero, Sage 50 QBO
- Experience working in a client facing account management role
- Engage and communicate across diverse internal & external audiences.
- Ideally educated to a Degree level
- High level of numeracy and computer literacy (MS Office).
- ACCA/ACA fully qualified
- Minimum 3 years PQE
You will operate well under pressure. Technical knowledge & accounts ability and other preferred attributes/experience
- Detailed preparation of complex or larger business accounts from the client's detailed or incomplete records using the firm's accounting software;
- Reviewing accounts and working papers
- Carrying out postings for complex or missing areas of accounts or oversee the completion of this work
- Review business related personal and partnership tax returns and interpret the results for the client
- Prepare more complex corporation tax returns and review the work of junior staff
- Prepare/amend and/or approve letters and emails relating to more complex issues
- Prepare replies to more complex client or third party correspondence, seeking further input as appropriate
- Have direct contact with the client and third parties
- Deal with technical enquiries from clients and other firm members
- Deal with Enquiries raised by HMRC
- Identify the potential for more complex tax planning opportunities and recommend appropriate strategies
- Assist clients with one-off assignments
- Initiate and attend client meetings
- Engage with potential clients