Harper May is working a unique and exciting position within a globally dominant trading house. The company holds offices in all the major trading cities in the world including London, New York and Hong Kong. The company deals with numerous different commodities and acts as a leading player within their respected field, highly regarded for their professionalism and quality by fellow traders and regulatory bodies alike. The company have ambitious plans to drive further growth, including drastic improvements to the technology function of the business. In order to achieve this, the company are looking to bring in a new Chief Technology Officer to their London office to business partner with fellow executives and help drive the company forward and maintain their position as a leading player in this constantly changing market.
- Take ownership for the technology department of the business and act as a driving force for change.
- Create and deliver a short and long term companywide technology and data strategy which improves both general performance and efficiency.
- Agree and manage a budget for the IT department.
- Business partner with external vendors to source the best solutions.
- Oversee the technology infrastructure to ensure everything is performing at its optimum.
- Develop security policies, standards and procedures as well as training and guidance to ensure the company is best protected.
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies, designing and developing IT systems and planning IT implementation.
- Extensive technical expertise working on IT systems and solutions working with data analytics.
- Extensive experience dealing with Cyber Security.
- Extensive experience in a senior IT leadership role.
- Strong academic credentials in a relevant subject.