Harper May is working with a high growth PE backed ecommerce platform retailer based in the heart of London. The company operates the UKs largest buying and selling market place for household items, ranging from industry leading brands to small scale independent retailers. The company have incredibly high growth rate, with their revenues increasing by 300% year on year since their creation and impressive projections for years to come with operations already set up in Continental Europe. Furthering from this the company have just secured their Series B funding where they raised nearly £15 million in funding to allow them to explore further international expansion including expansion into America. The company are looking to bring in a new CFO into the business to facilitate this growth and drive the business forwards to achieving their key strategic goals. Furthermore, the CFO will be responsible for setting up the finance function from scratch, implementing new processes and reporting standards along with a new team.
- Build and structure an efficient and successful finance function.
- Take ownership for the full control of the finance function of the business.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal activities for the company including balance sheet reports.
- Business partner extensively with senior figures within the company to achieve key strategic goals.
- Participate fully with commercial activities of the business.
- Assist in the establishment of new operations internationally.
- Act as a key point of contact for investors and manage investor relations.
- Actively assist in raising capital and debt management.
- ACA qualified with 5+ years PQE.
- Experience working within early stage/start-up companies and driving growth in that environment.
- Experience raising funds and working within PE or VC backed companies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy whilst meeting strict deadlines.