One of the UK's leading gym brands are looking for an experienced business analyst to join their finance team. With nearly 100 gyms in the UK our client is looking for an individual with multi-site experience and strong attention to detail. Only qualified candidates will be successful in this process. With a market leading salary package and the opportunity to travel, if you wish, this is a great opportunity for a qualified candidate that wants to work within an experienced team. The main purpose of this role is to
work across functions. The role will look to maximise the effective spend of labour utilising Fourth Analytics and the Fourth Scheduling tool, as well as reporting on payroll spend vs budget/LY and providing a narrative to the Finance Business Partners and other stakeholders as to risks and opportunities to the payroll budget.
What will I be doing?
- Work alongside the labour scheduling team to implement the Fourth scheduling tool into the clubs, across as many functions as possible with the objective of driving labour efficiency and resultant cost savings.
- Have an understanding of labour demand curves, and how these should be incorporated into the scheduling system.
- Develop payroll reporting that shows payroll costs vs budget and last year across clubs and functions, and include all the various payroll components (Gross pay, Holiday Pay, NI, etc.)
- Develop a payroll KPI pack that can be distributed monthly and assist the Finance Business Partners in asking targeted questions in business reviews and help the RM's manage their regions, and drive efficiency through benchmarking.
- Build a budgeting model that will allow clubs budgets to be provided to GM's for their approval
- Analyse the labour base to identify if there are structural changes or improvements that could be made in areas such as paybands, recruitment sources, length of service, internal progression, performance ratings, etc.
- Share best practice with the business partners in terms of how labour in clubs should be structured
- Model and support functional heads with proposed changes to the operational structure or services offered within DL.
- Ongoing analysis and support - liaison with Ops to identify broader structural issues/opportunities, focusing Business Partners on specific clubs
- Collaborate with the Head of Strategic Planning to ensure that you have full understanding of the payroll cost targets in future years. Provide input into 3-year plan discussions as they are formulated.
What qualifications, skills and experience do I need?
- Ability to influence a wide section of the business to deliver important business initiatives;
- Strong numerical and analytical ability supported by a relevant Accounting qualification;
- Experience of working in a multi-site company, having an appreciation that each location is different;
- Ability to work across a number of different work streams on an ongoing basis;
- Excellent communication skills to deliver the key messages from a significant amount of data.