Harper May is working exclusively with one of the UK's leading accessories brands. With consistent year on year growth, our client is looking for a junior candidate to join their experienced finance team. This is a fabulous opportunity for for a junior accountant that is looking to get their foot in the door with a leading retailer. CIMA/ACCA qualifications are not necessary but a university degree and AAT studies/ qualification are. The successful candidate will be a dynamic, bubbly individual that is a team player.
- You'll be key to the smooth running of the team, overseeing a number of daily tasks and taking on your own part of our customer ledger with a strong emphasis on progression and developing skills in an exciting, rewarding team within the Finance department.
- Effectively chase all customers to ensure prompt payment of outstanding invoices and maximise cash receipts.
- Largely responsible for proforma terms customers, ensuring invoices are promptly raised and paid so goods can be shipped ASAP, liaising with the sales team as and when necessary.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with all customers and internal stakeholders.
Ensure customer queries are processed and resolved in an efficient and timely manner.
Allocate funds received correctly and in timely manner.
- Accurate maintenance of sales ledger accounts.
- Open communication with the Account Managers to effectively manage the accounts and to give visibility of any issues and concerns.
Carry out tasks as requested in line with the role to support the team.
Prioritise and manage workload to meet strict deadlines and key performance indicators.
About the Candidate
- Has proven strength in building great relationships and is a dynamic team member with a strong interest in fostering effective collaboration within and across the organization.
- Previous Wholesale experience desirable
- Professional and logical approach
- Proactive, organized and with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Willingness to learn and self-develop with a "can-do" attitude
- Strong Excel skill-set (V-Lookups & pivot tables essential)
- Sage 200 experience is an advantage but not essential.