Management Accountants work in finance teams and broadly determine the success of a company by producing Management Accounts. Management Accounts include management reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
Key Responsibilities of a Management Accountant:
- Working closely with the Finance Director in preparing monthly management packs to present to the board
- Representing the company at formal and informal functions
- Preparing P&Ls, as well as quarterly VAT returns
- Managing a team of three to prepare month and year-end reports
- Bank reconciliations
- Liasing with commercial teams
Desired Skills and Experience of a Management Accountant:
- ACCA / ACA / CIMA part or fully qualified
- University degree would be beneficial
- Confident public speaker with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work calmly up to major deadlines
- High level of numerical literacy
- Outstanding motivator
London is one of the largest capital cities in the world with nearly 9 million people now living there. London has expanded exponentially over the last two years as people have moved to find a better way of life and to find better work.
London has many tourist attractions which pull millions of people to the capital every year, ranging from the royals at buckingham palace to the food markets on brick lane and East London.
London has some of the most reputable educational establishments with the highest amount found in the smallest area in the world. With Universities like UCL, Kings College, London School of Economics and many more.
London has one of the biggest financial districts in the world with large banks headquartering here including HSBC, Barclays, Citi Bank to name a few, many global companies come to raise money and find investors with London being the focal point.
Over the last ten years with the rise of the internet, more start ups have decided to locate themselves here as some of the brightest minds in the world decide to move and live here. With the Financial Services industry booming, small companies have a great platform to raise money whilst also having an excellent location to market their products from.