Management Accountants work in finance teams and broadly determine the success of a company by producing Management Accounts. Management Accounts include management reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
Key Responsibilities of a Management Accountant:
- Working closely with the Finance Director in preparing monthly management packs to present to the board
- Representing the company at formal and informal functions
- Preparing P&Ls, as well as quarterly VAT returns
- Managing a team of three to prepare month and year-end reports
- Bank reconciliations
- Liasing with commercial teams
Desired Skills and Experience of a Management Accountant:
- ACCA / ACA / CIMA part or fully qualified
- University degree would be beneficial
- Confident public speaker with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work calmly up to major deadlines
- High level of numerical literacy
- Outstanding motivator
The City of London is the hub of business activity in London and is the is one of the central business districts of the world.
It is known as 'the square mile' because it is 1.12 square miles in area. It contains several professional services centres including Insurance, Legal and of course, Finance.
Liverpool Street and Bank are closest to the insurance activity which is centred around the Lloyd's building near Leadenhall Market.
Temple and Chancery Lane are all close to the Legal inns of court and are also inside the boundaries of the square mile.
Other non-sector specific areas in the City of London are St. Paul's and Blackfriars, close to both of these are various famous roads such as Old Bailey which is home to the Central Criminal Court and the historic newspaper publishing hub, Fleet Street.
The areas closest to the River Thames are Monument, which commemorates the Great Fire of London and Tower Hill in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets.