Head of Finance is more operational than a CFO, managing the day to day finance, cashflow and reports on the current state of finance.
Key Responsibilities of a Head of Finance:
- Responsible for managing the finance department and leading a team of people. Line management responsibility includes holiday planning, appraisals and personal development and training.
- Working with the MD to develop the firm's annual budget in line with the business plan including liaising with business leaders and reviewing assumptions. Close control of the expenditure to ensure it is in line with sales plans; enforcing changes where necessary.
- Preparing commentary on financial performance against budget - to include reviews of income, profit and expense activity with budget holders and future forecasts.
- Reviewing the cash flow of the company and monitoring performance against budget on a monthly basis.
- Preparing the budget and periodic reforecast; reviewing work and collating the results. Understanding and taking action against variances.
Desired Skills and Experience of a Head of Finance:
- Must be fully qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA)
- Highly motivated and pro-active self starter
- Prior media/project experience is essential
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Previous experience of managing and developing staff
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent Excel skills
We offer accounting and finance recruitment solutions across London and in East London, recruiting finance professionals into permanent and interim roles in Aldgate, Shoreditch, Whitechapel, Hoxton, Mile End, Wanstead, Walthamstow and Canary Wharf. The roles we recruit for vary in seniority, from Accounts Payable and Credit Controller to Management and Financial Accountants right up to Chief Financial Officer.