Group Accountants oversee the finances of large and complex organisations, group accountants are responsible for ensuring that different subsidiaries are following the correct accounting procedures and standards.
Key Responsibilities of a Group Accountant:
- Leading the business partnering process with Auditors at year end
- Business partnering with project accountants and project managers for new and ongoing projects
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Recording cash-flow correctly across the group
- Managing a team of Assistant Group Accountants
- Ensuring the integrity of the trial balance
- Maintaining the fixed asset register for the group
- Implementing technical accounting changes
- Producing timely and accurate financial statements
- Completing balance sheet reconciliations on a quarterly basis
- Managing year end statutory accounts in accordance with SORP
Desired Skills and Experience of a Group Accountant:
- A qualified accountant ACCA / ACA / CIMA
- A dedicated and hardworking individual
- Managerial experience
- A proven track record in a financial accounting environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and demonstrable initiative
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Advanced Microsoft excel skills
- Experience using the software systems
- Ability to deliver responsibilities with minimum supervision
Kings Cross is another area which has gone under massive redevelopment with many global business headquartering in the new business district. Google have recently moved into their new swanky office with 2,500 staff estimated to be moving in there. The area has flourished with a number of trendy new bars, cafes and retaurants, situated along the canals, it is a beautiful place to work or spend a relaxed weekend.
Kings Cross Station is one of the largets in the city, connecting much of Central and Northern UK regions. Not only does it connect to the rest of the UK but this station sees many international travellers as the Eurostar connects to Paris and also now Belgium.
Kings Cross has become even more famous due to it starring in the Harry Potter Films, with Platform 9 3/4 becoming a destination that many Potter fans will travel to.