Financial Controllers oversee much of the activity within an Accounting and Finance team, the role is a senior position which will involve supervising the production of Management and Financial Accounts.
Key responsibilities of a Financial Controller (FC):
- Leading, developing and expanding a finance team
- Complete oversight of the day-today running of finance
- Business partnering closely with the Group Finance Director and other senior stakeholders to ensure the group hits its strategic milestones
- Identify and implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting process
- Oversee the financial planning and budgeting processes for new product lines and store openings
- Offering key strategic advice and analysis in relation to international expansion and effective growth strategy
- Work closely with marketing teams to ensure the continued integrity of the brand
Desired Skills and Experience for a Financial Controller (FC):
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified
- Extensive experience in leading and developing finance functions
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Previous experience of managing and developing staff
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent Excel skills
London is one of the largest capital cities in the world with nearly 9 million people now living there. London has expanded exponentially over the last two years as people have moved to find a better way of life and to find better work.
London has many tourist attractions which pull millions of people to the capital every year, ranging from the royals at buckingham palace to the food markets on brick lane and East London.
London has some of the most reputable educational establishments with the highest amount found in the smallest area in the world. With Universities like UCL, Kings College, London School of Economics and many more.
London has one of the biggest financial districts in the world with large banks headquartering here including HSBC, Barclays, Citi Bank to name a few, many global companies come to raise money and find investors with London being the focal point.
Over the last ten years with the rise of the internet, more start ups have decided to locate themselves here as some of the brightest minds in the world decide to move and live here. With the Financial Services industry booming, small companies have a great platform to raise money whilst also having an excellent location to market their products from.