Financial Accountants produce financial accounts in line with company law using the UK's Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (UK GAAP) or the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Key Responsibilities of a Financial Accountant:
- Preparing financial statements
- Detailed review of each entity's trial balance and associated support schedules;
- Correction of errors
- Drafting of UK GAAP or IFRS
- Collation of Audit files and liaison with auditors
- Assist in the application of new accounting standards
- Creating and maintaining accounting spreadsheet models
- Calculating posting and preparing documentation for intra-group transactions
Desired Skills and Experience of a Financial Accountant:
- A hardworking individual with a keen eye for detail
- A qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA)
- Educated to Degree level
- Ability to accurately work to tight deadlines
- Strong Microsoft excel skills
London is one of the largest capital cities in the world with nearly 9 million people now living there. London has expanded exponentially over the last two years as people have moved to find a better way of life and to find better work.
London has many tourist attractions which pull millions of people to the capital every year, ranging from the royals at buckingham palace to the food markets on brick lane and East London.
London has some of the most reputable educational establishments with the highest amount found in the smallest area in the world. With Universities like UCL, Kings College, London School of Economics and many more.
London has one of the biggest financial districts in the world with large banks headquartering here including HSBC, Barclays, Citi Bank to name a few, many global companies come to raise money and find investors with London being the focal point.
Over the last ten years with the rise of the internet, more start ups have decided to locate themselves here as some of the brightest minds in the world decide to move and live here. With the Financial Services industry booming, small companies have a great platform to raise money whilst also having an excellent location to market their products from.