Financial Accountants produce financial accounts in line with company law using the UK's Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (UK GAAP) or the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Key Responsibilities of a Financial Accountant:
- Preparing financial statements
- Detailed review of each entity's trial balance and associated support schedules;
- Correction of errors
- Drafting of UK GAAP or IFRS
- Collation of Audit files and liaison with auditors
- Assist in the application of new accounting standards
- Creating and maintaining accounting spreadsheet models
- Calculating posting and preparing documentation for intra-group transactions
Desired Skills and Experience of a Financial Accountant:
- A hardworking individual with a keen eye for detail
- A qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA)
- Educated to Degree level
- Ability to accurately work to tight deadlines
- Strong Microsoft excel skills
Liverpool Street is one of the largest railway stations in London, this station connects London to Essex, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and the Midlands. Liverpool Street was opened in the 19th Century replacing Bishopsgate Station, now connecting to many of the underground lines including the, Central, Circle, Hammersmith and City and Metropolitan lines.
The Liverpool Street area has flourished in recent years with it becoming one of the main lines on the new Crossrail line, you are able to walk easily to various different areas, from Shoreditch for it's bars to Bank in the city for work.
Many people don't know that the statue of the children at the station entrance are actually refugees, fleeing from danger in their home countries, arriving from abroad rather than evacuees during the war. Liverpool Street has many connections with Europe, being twinned with Amsterdam.