Financial Accountants produce financial accounts in line with company law using the UK's Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (UK GAAP) or the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Key Responsibilities of a Financial Accountant:
- Preparing financial statements
- Detailed review of each entity's trial balance and associated support schedules;
- Correction of errors
- Drafting of UK GAAP or IFRS
- Collation of Audit files and liaison with auditors
- Assist in the application of new accounting standards
- Creating and maintaining accounting spreadsheet models
- Calculating posting and preparing documentation for intra-group transactions
Desired Skills and Experience of a Financial Accountant:
- A hardworking individual with a keen eye for detail
- A qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA)
- Educated to Degree level
- Ability to accurately work to tight deadlines
- Strong Microsoft excel skills
The City of London is the hub of business activity in London and is the is one of the central business districts of the world.
It is known as 'the square mile' because it is 1.12 square miles in area. It contains several professional services centres including Insurance, Legal and of course, Finance.
Liverpool Street and Bank are closest to the insurance activity which is centred around the Lloyd's building near Leadenhall Market.
Temple and Chancery Lane are all close to the Legal inns of court and are also inside the boundaries of the square mile.
Other non-sector specific areas in the City of London are St. Paul's and Blackfriars, close to both of these are various famous roads such as Old Bailey which is home to the Central Criminal Court and the historic newspaper publishing hub, Fleet Street.
The areas closest to the River Thames are Monument, which commemorates the Great Fire of London and Tower Hill in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets.